Teen Leadership Programs
AQUA SURF's Counselor In Training (CIT) summer camp program is designed for teens looking for an opportunity to strengthen and their leadership and workforce skills while having fun in the sun!
The CIT apprenticeship curriculum will focus on the following:
- Learning Work Ethic
- Establishing Team Work Skills
- Fostering Responsibility and Discipline
- Follow Through and Project Completion
- Building Leadership Skills
- Earning a Resume Credit
- Receiving a Reference
Our CIT program provides teens many opportunities to achieve workplace goals. In addition, teens experience diverse roles, and important responsibilities as they develop, mature, and progress within our program.
Junior CIT -- Roles and Responsibilities
- Helping create a friendly and fun environment
- Learning our daily work routine
- Expanding surfing skills and terminology
- Communicating clearly, completely, and concisely
Senior CIT -- Roles and Responsibilities
- Assisting with instruction
- Helping with beach activities/games
- Mentoring younger campers
- Leading the Jr. CITs
- 2 weeks = $950
- 4 weeks = $1,795
- Customized Pricing Available (for days, weeks, and summer)
*We have limited availability for these programs.
All CIT programs include a 15% surcharge beach permit fee charged by the city.
Additional rules, responsibilities, and obligations will be explained and provided to teens when they start and as they progress through the program. A minimum of 4 weeks is required for teens to graduate into a higher level and role. There are 3 levels of promotion inside the Jr. CIT and Sr. CIT programs.
If a teen only completes 3 weeks, of the 4 week minimum, he or she may make-up the remaining week during spring break camp. If the teen can not attend the spring break camp, he or she may apply the make-up week to the following summer. Once a CIT turns 16 years old they are welcome to apply to become a camp counselor.
This is not a job, but a camp program we offer for teens. Parents pay CIT tuition to have their teen enrolled in the program. Participating in the program does not guarantee future employment with Aqua Surf. Resume credit and references will be provided for teens that successfully complete our program.