Summer Surf Camps
Fun, safe, and educational surfing programs for children and teens (ages 5-17). Our camps run all summer long (Monday - Friday). We have by-the-day, or by-the-week options. Aqua Surf diligently hires and trains positive role models for our camp team. This helps us empower campers to gain greater confidence, build lifelong skills, and create treasured memories.
Our instructors tailor the experience based on the needs of each individual camper, while maintaining a group/family-style atmosphere. We invite and are able to accommodate everyone from complete beginners to kids and teens learning to surf at a pro-level. We have a 3 to 1 ratio of students to teachers, to ensure the highest quality safety practices and personalized attention for each camper.
We are proud to have a large number of returning teachers. Our teachers act as mentors for summer camp students, building their skill sets and abilities in surfing and in life. Our unique methodology establishes proper surfing techniques and practices rigorous safety protocols from the start.
AQUA SURF helps camp students learn and grow by:
- Being healthy and positive role models
- Coaching with consistent and quality instruction
- Teaching respect for our ocean and caring for our planet
- Improving responsible communication methods and social skills
- Inspiring new meaningful friendships with local and international youth
- Encouraging resiliency -- fall, learn, get back up and persist until successful
- Facilitating a safe and fun filled space for family and new/old friends to enjoy together
- Giving teens the opportunity to take on responsibilities and learn leadership skills with our Counselor in Training (CIT) program
- Providing supervision and instruction with enough freedom that campers learn independence, build self-esteem and broaden their creativity
Students can either attend by the day (individual half/full days) or by the week (one or more weeks at a time). Summer camps run Monday to Friday, for the entire summer break. Half days run from 9:00am-12:00pm or 12:00pm-3:00pm and full days are from 9:00am-3:00pm. We provide many flexible ways to attend, so it’s easy to customize camps for your needs and preferences.
Student to Staff Ratios: A remarkable 3 to1 student to instructor ratio. If surf conditions change, so do our student to instructor ratios. Ratios depend on safety, maturity and experience of the group. Read about our student to instructor ratios.
Why AQUA SURF: Our mission is to keep surfing safe, and fun for everyone! Visit our about page. Our summer camp staff is professionally certified in CPR + First Aid, and goes through our in-house certification program involving: extensive swimming, running, safety protocols, emergency response, teaching procedures, ocean lifeguarding techniques, and systematic surfing instruction. We invest in hiring and training the best of the best instructors, which creates a safe learning environment for youths of all ages and experience levels.
AQUA SURF's contests focus on self surf mastery: Students work on improving their individual abilities (overall) throughout the week and/or summer, not competing against one another, but with themselves.
Fantastic Prizes: Surfboards, Hats, Trophies, etc.
2018 Summer Break Dates:
July 16 - July 20
July 23 - July 27
July 30 - August 3
August 6 - August 10
August 13 - August 17
August 20 - August 24
August 27 - August 31
Early Drop-Off = 7:00am to 9:00am
Late Pick-Up = 3:00pm to 6:00pm
$18 per hour (per student)
Discounts: AQUA SURF encourages siblings, friends and family to attend together. We evaluate discounts upon request, on a case by case basis. If someone really wants to surf, but cannot afford to pay, they may apply for a sponsorship. Our company offers promotions regularly to customers via our email newsletter and our social media channels.
Other Info: All surf camps include a 15% surcharge beach permit fee charged by the city. Please reference our policy if you need to: cancel, refund, or reschedule (please make these requests in writing; via email). AQUA SURF summer surf camps are tax deductible.
- AQUA SURF provides shade (canopies and umbrellas) for our students to take breaks from the sun. We strictly and frequently apply sunscreen and Zinka to help keep our students extra protected.
- The cost of lunch is not included. We suggest packing a lunch or sending your kids/teens with money ($12). Every day we place an order from a set-menu provided by a local restaurant.
- The ocean and weather can be unpredictable. We find conditions favorable 95% of the time. In that rare case when conditions are very poor our beach captain implements back-up protocols. Usually we are able to work around challenging surf/weather conditions, but our priority is to always maintain a safe and fun experience.
FULL session: WEEK passes
9:00am - 3:00pm
(RECOMMENDED) Consecutive: Monday - Friday
- 1 Week = $529
- 2 Weeks = $995
- 3 Weeks = $1435
- 4 Weeks = $1825
- 5 Weeks = $2180
- 6 Weeks = $2495
May be shared with family and friends. Consecutive weeks may not be broken in half. One full week may only be used once per student.
1/2 session: WEEK passes (9:00am - 12:00PM) or (12:00pm - 3:00pm) Consecutive: Monday - Friday
- Per Week = $335
FULL session: DAY passes
9:00am - 3:00pm
(RECOMMENDED) Use Any Day
- 1 Day = $135
- 3 Days = $390
- 5 Days = $629
- 7 Days = $799
- 9 Days = $990
- 12 Days = $1250
- 15 Days = $1495
May be shared between family and friends. Additionally, full day passes can be used for private surf lessons (all year round).
1/2 session: DAY passes
(9:00am - 12:00PM) or (12:00pm - 3:00pm) Consecutive: Monday - Friday
- Per Day = $85
Equipment rentals costs are included.
We try to encourage everyone to have fun, let loose, and be themselves. However it’s especially important for young people to learn surfing and water safety skills in a protected environment. With this combination, our camps are an experience they will cherish forever.